Saturday, January 2, 2010

Maiden Post

As indicated by the title, the author of this blog is what is known as bi-racial or mixed blood, and this blog is intended to discuss issues concerning China, Asia and the West through this perspective. One with multiracial heritage is always able to get close to others without them putting up their natural defenses/reaction usually observed when facing what they perceive as an outsider. For example, I was born and raised in the United States, and unsurprisingly it is relatively easy for me to get close to an American and understand his or her perspective. However, although I am American, my Chinese roots can always close the distance between me and a Chinese individual. These factors, in addition to having lived, studied and worked in Asia for some time, allow me to offer, the intention is, an interesting and unique perspective.

Of course, this blog is not intended to cover only issues concerning multi-ethnic backgrounds or multicultural issues, although these are issues in which I am interested and will offer my opinion when they arise. I also intend to share my thoughts on the social and political issues concerning Asia, and mostly China, that emerge.

More to come and happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment